Miranda – Jun 25, 2020
Victim Location 46801
Type of a scam Employment
I received an email referencing a job opportunity in Indianapolis, and that my background matched the job description. Gmail flagged the email – "Gmail couldn’t verify that infinityneuron.com actually sent this message (and not a spammer)."
1. The job description included in the email was very generic
2. The signature line didn’t include the company address, phone number, or logo
3. The sender requested a copy of my updated resume and a quick 10 minute phone conversation at my convenience
I didn’t respond to the email nor call the phone number listed. I did research the company online and found many irregularities.
1. BBB.org doesn’t have any information available for Infinity Neuron Technology.
2. The physical address, listed by the company on infinityneuron.com, LinkedIn, and Glassdoor, is actually identified as a medical clinic on Google Maps and on the medical clinic’s website. The Google photo of the building’s exterior shows the medical clinic’s signage on the entrance door and marquee.
3. infinityneuron.com does not list any job openings or current opportunities on the website – – nor does LinkedIn and Glassdoor.
4. infinityneuron.com – the website has many spelling, grammatical, and content errors — example: "Infinity Neuron Technologies,LLC team anticipates with deep understanding of fixing IT recruiting and challenges which are fueling project crisis raised from lack of skilled resources."
5. infinityneuron.com – the website’s FOLLOW US links to Twitter and LinkedIn indicate that the company hasn’t posted any content to those sites since "joining" in July 2019 (LinkedIn lists 2017 as the company’s founding date).
6. LinkedIn lists 4 employees, but only 3 are human. Of those, 2 have the same last name and live in India. The name on the email I received does not have a profile on LinkedIn.